Thursday, February 7, 2008

CS404 Ethics and Computers in Society: Smallish post 4

Imagine dying and returning to our Heavenly Father to learn that for our loved ones to be together we had to perform certain ordinances on earth, which we failed to do. This information would sadden any who treasure being with those whom they love. I cannot imagine living forever without my lovely wife, Lauren. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (LDS Church) has given us the opportunity to help reunite those who are longing to be with each other forever. Through church resources, like familysearch.org, we can learn who our ancestors are and perform the ordinances they need, thus uniting families forever. If I was unable to partake of the ordinances of the temple in my lifetime, I would be thankful towards the LDS Church for their genealogy and temple work done everyday.

No comments: